The USS Maelstrom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The USS Maelstrom

A Star Trek writing project, set aboard the USS Maelstrom, a secret star ship with ties to Section 31

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mission 1: Seeds of Deception

Go down 
+3
Orrin Jelo
Lindsey Davis
Drexel
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mark Wright

Mission 1: Seeds of Deception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: Seeds of Deception   Mission 1: Seeds of Deception - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 11:08 am

Day 2, 0100 hours, Crew Quarters, USS Maelstrom.

As soon as Mark laid his head down on his thin mattress he knew he wouldn’t sleep. His couldn’t shut his brain off-it spun in circles attempting to digest the significance of the encounter in the darkened laboratory. And then there was this.. The computer had previously specified that Chief Communications Officer, Lieutenant Suval had entered the laboratory. However, when Mark once again queried the computer, it reported that Lieutenant junior grade L’del had entered the room. Confused, he had carefully reiterated his question and received the same information. Mark once again felt sick with anxiety. He was confident that he correctly asked for similar information, however only 30 minutes ago the computer distinctly provided him with a different name. Mark sat up in bed and took a long uneven breath through his nose. Who had seen him in the lab? Was in Suval? L’del? And which of them had returned the chloral hydrate and the trans-dermal injector to his room? The agony of being helpless, of allowing some random person to control this shameful secret was too much to bear. He had to know more and was desperate. Mark quickly stood up and walked to the sink. Looking in the mirror he conceded that he looked awful. He activated cold water watching it run for several minutes as he hunched over the sink, one hand on each side of it supporting his weight. Cupping his hands under the uncomfortably cold water he washed the salty tear streaks and spittle from his face. Looking again in the mirror he resolved that he had to know what was going to happen to him, even if he had to confront the stranger from the laboratory. As he silently walked to the corridor door leading from his room he stopped at his still unpacked trunk and unexpectedly picked up the injector which he reluctantly primed with chloral hydrate. Slipping the handheld medical device under his uniform he ducked into the hallway determined to know what the hell was happening to him.

Mark Wright
Science Officer
USS Maelstrom
Back to top Go down
David Mayne

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: Seeds of Deception   Mission 1: Seeds of Deception - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Day 2, 0141 hours, Deck 2, USS Maelstrom.

Mark slinked down the dimmed corridors towards the officers quadrant. “Computer”, whispered Mark, locate Lieutenant Suval and Lieutenant junior grade L’del”.

“Lieutenant Suval is in the Communications Array Maintenance room, Lieutenant junior grade L’del is in his private quarters” the computer replied so loudly that Mark shrugged his shoulders, startled. Mark slowed his pace, “Where the hell is the Communications Array Maintenance room?” he mumbled out loud.

“Room 312”, the computer replied again far too loud for his nerves.

Day 2, 0135 hours, Communications Array Maintenance room, USS Maelstrom.

"Link Established" said the computers voice cutting through silence like a knife. The sound caused Suval to jump, ever so slightly. This had already been a long night, and he was eager to determine why he was being contacted. The image Suval stared at flickered to life, a silhouetted figure appearing on screen before him.

The shadow figure spoke first.

"If we are going to act in time, we need your recommendation" said the voice with a hint of annoyance.

"I can't tell you exactly what is inside the containers, but I can tell you it sure as hell isn't farm equipment" Suval said confidently. "They have around the clock security guarding access to the cargo, and the containers themselves are radiation shielded to prevent being scanned. Way to much security for simple agricultural devices."

"Standby" said the voice. The screen went blank for a few moments. Suval began pacing back and forth in the small room. He spun around at what he thought was the door opening. However it remained closed. He shut his eyes and took a deep breath trying to center his nerves. The image reappeared on the screen and Suval returned his attention to it. "We have decided to take this a different course for the time being" said the voice, now dripping with annoyance.

"I am not sure I understand" said Suval, who was very much confused.

"I can not give you the authorization to destroy those containers without explicit knowledge of its contents. We are going to go ahead with our secondary plan, there will be no chance for extraction for some time." Said the voice coldly.

Suval raised his eyes in alarm. "I can't stay here, I am certain I already have someone on my trail. I wi-"

"Eliminate them" said the voice. "We still have further use for you down the road."

"And if I can determine what is in those containers?" Suval said hopefully.

"We will arrange your for your pick up, but be advised, you have about 7 hours. Ending transmission."

"7 hours!" Suval said quietly. There was no way he could break into that cargobay in 7 hours while maintaining his cover. And with that human Ensign already spying on him, he likely had less time then that before, as the humans say, the shit hit the fan.

Day 2, 0145 hours, Outside Communications Array Maintenance room, USS Maelstrom.

Mark stood outside of Room 312, his hand on the door activator. He could hear the faint mumble of a conversation going on inside. He didn’t want to interrupt, and especially did not want to reveal the nature if his inquiries to anyone that did not already know. Perhaps he would just wait. He could wait for Lieutenant Suval to exit, and then he could speak with him privately. Mark pondered what he would say, “Pardon me, did I see you in the lab tonight? I believe you stepped on me in the dark.” That was awful. He needed to be more cryptic, in case Suval didn’t know anything.

Suddenly the door opened and Suval stepped out looking down the hall to the right, and then to the left, directly at Mark. Suval’s body tensed as his lips and eyes narrowed.

Mark, attempting to initiate a conversation he now knew would be awkward, stepped forward, considering that Suval may not want to talk about it at all.

Suval, at first reacted defensively, then offensively, grabbing Mark by his head and pulled him into the small communications room. Mark swung widely in panic and struck Suval directly above the eye, splitting his brow slightly. Suval, large in comparison, wrestled Mark to his feet and pressed him, full body, up against the inside of the door. Mark desperately tried to struggle, but physically could not compare to Suval’s strength.

“I’m so sorry” Mark pleaded, barely audible, as Suval’s fingers were gently squeezing his trachea closed.

Through gritted teeth Suval demanded, “How did you know? How did you know I would be contacted tonight?” As Mark sputtered for breath Suval evaluated him. Obviously the crew of the USS Maelstrom did not suspect anything. This Ensign must not answer to the ship. But then who? Who else would know about the nature of his mission? Pushing his wrist into Mark’s throat Suval slowly articulated, “…and now you can tell me what is in the cargo bay…that is if you want to live.” After closing off Marks airway for what seemed like an eternity Suval relaxed his grip.

Gasping, but not waiting for his breath to return, mark croaked, “No, I-”.

Suval sqeezed again and pressed against Mark’s body enough that he felt an item concealed in the waist of Marks uniform. Reaching down he pulled out a device of some sort. “…and what is this?” Suval growled allowing Mark to draw another breath.

“injector..” is all Mark could manage to say.

Suval; frustrated, pushed the injector onto marks neck and then activated it, once, twice, three, then four times. Suval again asked mark, “What do you know about the cargo?”

Mark didn’t reply or even struggle.

Loosening his grip Suval wondered if he had already killed the little whisp of a man. Letting him slump to the floor he could detect the faintest breath, an indication that he would still have to kill him-this loose end needed to be tied up. Suval sat down in the console chair to regain his composure when suddenly the door of the rooms hissed open. Standing in its frame was a concerned looking David Mayne.

"What the fuc-" Mayne was quickly interrupted.

"Ensign!!" Suval said, his years of Tal Shiar undercover experience kicking in. "Quickly. I have just been attacked by this man." Suval gestured with his right hand to the crumpled up form of Mark Wright. With his left hand he tucked the injector he still carried into the waistline of his pants, behind his back.

Mayne was thoroughly confused. He had been paroling the deck as part of his assignment from Commander Cross, and had heard shouting in the Communications Maintenance Room and had quickly hurried in. "Are you okay Lieutenant?" Mayne asked stepping into the room.

"I believe so yes." Suval said, his mind still working actively.

"What happened here?" Mayne said dropping to his knee and placing a finger on Marks neck, checking for a pulse.

"I was working here trying to get a head start on tomorrows projects, this man barged in here shouting all sorts of nonsense. I informed the Ensign I would contact security unless he left immediately. He became consumed by emotion, and rushed me. Before I realized what happened, he struck a blow to my forehead" Suval indicated the cut above his eye. "I was able to subdue him quickly enough with a Vulcan Neck Pinch, he collapsed and you entered." Suval said pointedly. "I am no physician, but based off his emotional reaction, and the dilated pupils, I believe the man to be abusing narcotics."

Mayne nodded, "His pulse is high" Mayne pried open an eyelid and did indeed notice the pupils dilation. "We better get him to Sickbay" Mayne said, "You should get your cut looked at too" David added with concern.

"Thank you Ensign, I will report there at once." Suval said hiding his irritation.

David tapped his comm badge =/\=This is Ensign Mayne, requesting an emergency medical transport to Sickbay=/\=

Suval eyed Mayne as Marks body dematerialized being transported to Sickbay.

"We should also report this to Security." Mayne said looking back at Suval.

"Indeed" Suval replied.

OFF:

This has been a Joint Post by

Ensign Mark Wright
Science Officer
USS Maelstrom

Lieutenant Suval (NPC)
Chief Communications Officer
USS Maelstrom
- played by David Mayne

Ensign David Mayne
Infiltration Officer
USS Maelstrom
Back to top Go down
Orrin Jelo

Orrin Jelo

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: Seeds of Deception   Mission 1: Seeds of Deception - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 5:47 pm

Day 2, 0705, Science Lab, CSO Office, USS Maelstrom

In all honesty, the fact that he hadn't seen Ensign Wright yet had bothered Orrin all night. He checked the computer yesterday evening, and he was indeed aboard the ship. All other science officers were up already and working on their respective projects already. He also just checked the logs of Ensign Wright and found that he was indeed in the lab last evening about the time when the captain dropped by. Then why didn't I see him? he wondered. Orrin also noticed that the ensign hadn't left until sometime late into the night. Ah, maybe he's just on a different sleep schedule. I was like that once...

You know, he thought to himself, it might be fun to play the "big mean quantum-computing machine" CSO. He could march into the ensign's quarters and scare the dickens out of him. When I was at his level, I would have thought it funny.

Wait a moment, no I didn't. Orrin thought back to the time when he worked under Commander Jikal so many years ago. He wasn't a happy puppy then. Well, at least I find it funny now.

No, I don't. It was particularly not very pleasurable for him and was perhaps some of the hardest days of his life. But, he reasoned, he wouldn't be where he was today if Jikal hadn't been so cruel to him.

Unfortunately, the computer responded that Ensign Wright was in Sick Bay for some reason. What the pho... Orrin wondered, worried that something happened in all his ignorance. He was a bit too tied up with the sensors project to have noticed anything unusual.

At that moment, he received a page. =/\= Lt. Gilead to Commander Jelo, we request your presence in sick bay. =/\=

=/\= Is this about Ensign Wright? =/\= he asked.

=/\= ...yes. =/\=

=/\= I'm on my way. Jelo out. =/\= He sent a quick message to Lt. Davis about delaying their meet-up for another hour and proceeded to the sick bay. Minutes later, he walked through the doors, scanning the room.

A short thin man rested on a clinical bed wrapped in a thick blanket, contorted nearly into a fetal position. As Orrin approached, Chief Medical Officer Jray Gilead stepped into the doorway.

“Officer Jelo?” Gilead prefaced, “It is my understanding the Ensign Mark Wright is under your supervision. Is it possible that Mark has dependency issues? This morning’s physiological and psychological exams suggest that he is currently going through a tremendous amount of stress.”

Orrin nodded slowly, "I haven't recently been able to keep tabs on him, honestly. I really don't know. I was planning to talk with him this morning..."

Officer Gilead continued, “You must be informed that it is apparent that Mark has been the influence of a strong sedative. I’m not specific on what anesthetic it was, but his blood contains high levels of trichloracetic acid, which suggests a chlorinated ethanol of sorts. I wouldn’t even know where something like that could be found on a ship. I do know that it has been metabolized very quickly, and that in a period of hallucinations last night, he attacked an officer.”

"He did what?!" Orrin started, surprised at the report. He didn't wait for Gilead to repeat himself. "Never mind. Do you know why he was drugged? Or how?"

Gilead shook his head. "No. From what I can tell, he's not making much sense."

Orrin crossed the small med bay and approached Mark who was awake, calmly lying on his side and his hands tucked beneath his body.

“The Vulcan is going to kill me, to murder me,” Mark whispered. “He wanted to know what was in the cargo bay. Wanted to know what was in the containers. He’s going to kill me, to strangle me to death, and there is nothing you can do about it. He was talking to somebody, you know? Talking to somebody secret. That was after he walked on me in the dark.”

Orrin leaned back from the bed and looked back to the Officer Gilead. “He’s still loopy from the drug,” he informed the Doctor.

“No, he’s not,” replied Gilread. “It’s out of his system, although, he may be suffering post traumatic stress from his experience with Officer Suval.”

Orrin looked back at Mark, who looked a bit like a wounded dog, critically injured, but willing to bite anyone who extended their hand. “Officer Gilread, when Ensign Wright returns to function, please have him relocated to the brig and put under med watch.” He gave Mark one last glance, sort of filled with pity, and headed out of the sickbay.

There had been several of his friends growing up that got involved with drugs, Orrin remembered. And they eventually talked all nonsense, even if they were not under the influence. Was Ensign Wright the same sort of case? Surely, security would have reported the event, so he didn't have to be redundant. Still, having someone snoop about the cargo bay was sort of suspicious--but there was no proof of that. He let the thoughts tumble in his head as he made his way back to his office. Finally, he decided he would remain cautious of what Ensign Wright had said; he would include it in the mandatory report he would need to write up, but there was no need to bring it up to command. Not yet, at least.

Ensign Mark Wright
Science Officer
USS Maelstrom

Lt. Commander Orrin Jelo
Chief Science Officer
USS Maelstrom
Back to top Go down
http://www.orrinjelo.com
Zane Cross

Zane Cross

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: Seeds of Deception   Mission 1: Seeds of Deception - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 11:57 am

Day 2, 0120 hours, Cross's Quarters, USS Maelstrom

Cross woke suddenly from a dead sleep. He could feel a pulsing sensation coming from his arm. As he examined the back of his arm he could see the sensor flashing a red a color beneath his skin. Dazed and confused from just having been woken up, Cross was struggling to comprehend what was going on. Within a few seconds the light stopped flashing, and the pulsing sensation went away.

<What the hell was that all about> Cross thought to himself as he slowly faded back to sleep.

Day 2, 0700, Cross's Quarters, USS Maelstrom

"Computer, please give me an activity report from last night"

"Good morning Lieutenant Cross, responded the computer. There was a disturbance reported in the Communications Array Maintenance room at 0140 hours last night. There is no further activity to report."

<Disturbance? and at 0140 last night?> Cross then remembered being briefly woken up early in the morning from the sensor in his arm.

"Son of a bitch!" Cross said to himself as he quickly got dressed and headed for Cargo Bay.

Cross moved quickly through the narrow halls of the vessel, and then down a turbo lift straight to the Cargo Bay. As he approached the doors there were two security officers standing post. Slightly short of breath Cross turned to the men;

"Have you been stationed here all night?" Cross asked one of the men.

"Yes sir, all night" the men responded in unison.

"Are you aware of the disturbance that was reported last night?" asked Cross.

"No sir, we've been stationed here all night under strict orders from Ensign David Mayne" replied one of the officers.

"Open the doors" asked Cross.

Cross made his way into the Cargo Bay and closed the doors behind him. Something didn't seem right. Cross approached the 7 containers and pulled out his PADD. He scanned all the containers to see if they had been touched or tampered with in any way. The scan came back negative. Cross looked around the Cargo Bay area; everything seemed to be in place. He knelt down next to one of the containers, closed his eyes then began to run his hand across the top of it. He seemed to go into almost a mediatory state as he tried to determine what was out of place.

Cross slowly opened his eyes and looked directly above where he was knelt down. Directly above him he could see a catwalk near the ceiling of the Cargo Bay. Above the catwalk there was an air ventilation shaft. Cross took out his PADD and pointed the camera on it directly at the opening of the ventilation shaft. He touched his fingers on the screen of the PADD to zoom in on the shaft cover. He examined it ever so closely. It did not appear to have been tampered with. He zoomed away from the cover vary slowly, and then noticed something out of place.

Cross made his way over to a set of stairs that led all the way up to the catwalk. He quickly climbed up another set of stairs that led him to the catwalk that was directly above the containers. Cross stood up on the handrail of the catwalk so he could get a closer look at the shaft cover. He placed the palm of his hand on the cover and pushed on it. The cover moved up a little more than an inch, and firmly back into place.

"Muther fucker!" Cross said aloud to himself.

=/\= Cross to Jameson =/\=

=/\= Good morning sir =/\=

=/\= I need you to find out who was involved in the disturbance that was reported last night =/\=

=/\= Of course sir, right away. It looks like it involved the Chief Communications Officer Suval and a Science Officer named Mark Wright. Suval has reported that Officer Wright attacked him near the Communications Array Maintenance room last night around 0140 hours sir =/\=

=/\= Contact the Captain, I must meet with him at once =/\=

=/\= Right away sir =/\=

Cross made his way back down the catwalk through the doors of the Cargo Bay. He focused his attention on the 2 officers outside.

"The Cargo Bay has been breached. I want one of you positioned outside these doors and one of you stationed right inside these doors, understood?" said Cross sternly.

"No one is to enter these doors, not even the Captain. Do you understand?" the men nodded. If anyone attempts to gain access to Cargo Bay you will contact me immediately is that clear gentlemen?

"Yes sir!" They said in unison.

Cross made his way down the hallway headed for the Captain's office.

Lieutenant Commander Zane Cross
Chief Intelligence Officer
USS Maelstrom
Back to top Go down
David Mayne

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: Seeds of Deception   Mission 1: Seeds of Deception - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:45 pm

Day 2, 0640 hours, Intel Labs, USS Maelstrom

David was the only person in the labs right now. It was well lit, and 3 mugs of coffee were sitting on his console. He wasn't much of a sleeper, and after his late shift had ended with him and Lieutenant Suval filling out a security incident report for a very cranky Lieutenant Pope - the Assistant Chief Security Officer on duty last night - he had slept for a few hours, tossing and turning until finally he decided to get up. He showered and reported to the labs to do a little research on Suval and Mark Wright.

Narcotic abuse was almost unheard of these days in Federation Space, and even more unusual that the user would be a Star Fleet Academy grad. Mayne was curious to learn more about Wright's back ground, and gain some insight as to why he would have attacked their Vulcan Communications Chief. As he read through their personnel files he was disappointed to come away with nothing of value. Wright was fresh out of the academy, much like himself. In fact they probably graduated the same year, perhaps had even had classes together, though Mayne did not recognize the name or the face from his Academy days.

Suval on the other hand had an exemplary record as was expected of any Vulcan. He had never been involved in any prior altercation, was never late for a duty shift, and otherwise lived a normal life for a Vulcan. Nothing at all to indicate why Ensign Wright would have targeted him. But then again, if the Ensign was under the influence of drugs, there was no telling what kind of hallucinations were motivating him to act last night.

Mayne couldn't really see a scenario where the young Science Officer could possibly remain on board the ship. Once word of this leaked up to Drexel, he would likely have the Ensign court-marshaled, and would be involved in a hearing that would ultimately lead to Wright's dishonorable discharge from Star Fleet. It was a tragedy that people still threw their lives away to drugs.

Mayne picked up his coffee mug to drink. The dark liquid was no longer remotely warm. Cold coffee...disgusting. Mayne pushed the mug away. His time here in the office thus far had proved unfruitful. Perhaps he needed to take a break for a bit. He yawned, got up, placed his mugs back in the replicator and left the office to take a stroll. He was too tired to notice the figure in the corner of his eye who slipped into the empty Intel Labs before the doors closed.

Suval worked quickly, as he didn't know how much time he had. With the Intel Department handling security for the cargo, he was convinced Zane Cross was linked to Section 31, if he could definitively prove that, he would be able to forward information to his contact that Section 31 did indeed have a presence on board the Maelstrom, and there could only be 1 reason why Section 31 would have an operative on board a ship bound for a planet with both a Romulan and a Federation colony, and it meant trouble.

Suval, not wearing his com badge so his actions couldn't be traced - a mistake that almost lead to his discovery late last night in the Science Labs - pulled a small device, half the size of a finegr nail, and paper thin, out of his pocket. He was inside Cross's Office now, and he pressed the self adhering device underneath the Commanders console, behind the ODN connection where it would be impossible to see. He then pulled out a tubular device that he had "borrowed" from Sickbay last night while getting the cut above his eye stitched up, and ran it along the consoles display, and across Zane's chair, collecting trace DNA from skin flakes and hair follicles left behind by the Chief Intelligence Officer.

Finished, he tucked the tool back into his pocket and left the room quickly and quietly. As he exited the Intel labs there was not a soul in the corridor. Suval smiled to himself and headed back to the safety of his quarters, where he could get to work with Zane's DNA.

OFF:

Lieutenant Suval (NPC) played by David Mayne
Chief Communications Officer
USS Maelstrom

and

Ensign David Mayne
Infiltration Officer
USS Maelstrom

Back to top Go down
Drexel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: Seeds of Deception   Mission 1: Seeds of Deception - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:39 am

Day 2, 0730 hours, Captains Ready Room, USS Maelstrom

Arron was sitting in his ready room reading over his first night shift report, while sipping from his mug full of Jamaican blend coffee. He was particularly interested in the report that Lieutenant Suval had been attacked by an Ensign in the science department. He was pondering the motives of the attack when his door chime sounded.

"Enter!" Arron called out before taking another drink of his coffee.

Cross entered the room, his heart still racing from this events of the morning.

"Ah, Commander Cross, please have a seat." Arron said greeting his Chief Intelligence Officer. "What can I do for you this morning?"

"Have you been made aware of the assault that was reported last night?"

Arron smiled inwardly at the directness of Zane's approach. "I have. I actually intended to sit down with Lieutenant Commander Jelo later this morning to discuss how to proceed with disciplining Ensign Wright." Arron turned his head to the side slightly, suddenly curious. "What is your interest in the incident?"

Cross cautiously approached Drexel. "This morning when I heard about the disturbance last night I immediately went down to the Cargo Bay so I could verify the shipment has not been tampered with. The containers are intact, but I believe someone broke into the Cargo Bay last night in an attempt to open the containers. I know this because one of the vent's above the catwalk in the Cargo Bay area had been opened and not properly resealed. What this means Captain is that we have a spy on board this vessel. There is no other reason someone would go through that much trouble just to take a look at those containers. Now I believe the disturbance from last night has something to do with the Cargo Bay being breached. I would like the opportunity to interrogate the 2 men in question Captain."

Drexel frowned at Zane's use of the word "interrogate"

"Commander" Arron said rising to his feet. "I do not believe an interrogation is necessary. The incident in question happens only to be the result of an Ensign who, - under the influence of drugs and no doubt acting irrationally from some sort of neural chemical imbalance which brought on hallucinations - struck the head of Communications Chief Lieutenant Suval. There is no reason to believe the incident has anything to do with a spy." Arron clasped his hands behind his back and walked over to the view port and stared out at the streaking star lines flying past the ship as it traveled through space at Warp 7.

"What really piques my interest, lets say there was a spy on board... What would they have to gain by looking at some basic farm equipment? I think you seeing things that aren't there Commander. This is simply the result of one mans drug abuse getting out of hand, and now he must be dealt with accordingly."

Zane couldn't help but feel the Drexel was just plain wrong about this one, but he knew now was not the time to disagree with the man about it. After all, Drexel had no clue what was really in that Cargo Bay. "Perhaps" he finally offered, hoping it would be enough for the Captain.

"If you feel that strongly about it Commander, you can go speak with Ensign Wright in the Brig. As I understand it he is being detained there pending medical release from Doctor Gilead.

Zane suppressed a smile, thankful for the opportunity. "Yes sir, I will meet with him today then"

Arron stared hard at Cross, "But keep in mind Commander, this is not by any means an interrogation, simply a questioning. I don't want things getting out of hand down there, understood?"

Zane gave the Captain a half grin, "Of course Sir, I wouldn't think of it". That of course wasn't true. He was very much thinking about it. Zane shook the Captains hand and headed out of the room. He had work to do.

OFF:

This has been a Joint Post by

Lieutenant Commander Zane Cross
Chief Intelligence Officer
USS Maelstrom

and

Captain Arron Drexel
Commanding Officer
USS Maelstrom

Back to top Go down
https://ussmaelstrom.forumotion.com
Mark Wright

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: Seeds of Deception   Mission 1: Seeds of Deception - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:09 pm

Day 2, 1247 hours, Brigg, USS Maelstrom

Mark had been escorted from sickbay early in the morning by two armed officers immediately following the visit from Officer Jelo. He didn’t even know why Suval had attacked him, but Mark conceded to himself that Suval had said too much in his assault and he wouldn’t let that information get in to the wild unchecked. Mark didn’t remember much of what happened really. Suval had been speaking with someone in the sensor array room. Then he saw him, and Suval was angry, SO angry, and frightened of Mark’s presence.

He had tried to tell Jelo what had happened, what Suval had done to him. The judgmental prick had merely looked at him and ignored him, made some ignorant remark about drug abuse, and walked away. Mark could feel his face redden as he thought about it. This is why nobody was supposed to know. Everything would be fine if nobody knew. Now he had his commanding officer looking at him like he is some pathetic addict burned out on chemicals. “Jelo is a moron”, mark thought to himself, slightly pleased, but then feeling anxious again. No one on this ship could protect him. Everyone would be out to destroy him now that they knew-now that he had been defaced and discarded.

Mark slowly pulled out his PADD, which had been limited in function for security purposes, opened up the log and began to type.

“Day 2 aboard the USS Maelstrom."

"I have no friends. No one will believe me. My ship is now my enemy, though it barely knows me. Deep down in my stomach I have a growing sensation, an epiphany perhaps, that I’m not going to endure this incident.” Mark anxiously scanned the meager provisions in his fortified cell and then wrote, “I feel that my fox hole is going to become a shallow grave”.....

Mark shielded his eyes from the ever bright brig lights with his cot sheet, rolled onto his side mostly under the covers, and continued to write.

Mark Wright
Science Officer
USS Maelstrom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: Seeds of Deception   Mission 1: Seeds of Deception - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mission 1: Seeds of Deception
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2